Sorry, I have been slacking this past month. It's just been crazy with finals and then Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, I had a wonderful Christmas this year. It was tons of fun.
Every year it is tradition for our family (aunts, uncles, cousins on my mother's side) to get together at one of my aunt's house for Christmas Eve dinner. This dinner consists of spaghetti noodles and my grandma's famous homemade spaghetti sauce. We also have salad and garlic bread. This year we had a special treat for dessert...CHEESECAKE!!! I love cheesecake, if you couldn't tell. It was way yummy, too. So smooth.
Every year it is tradition for our family (aunts, uncles, cousins on my mother's side) to get together at one of my aunt's house for Christmas Eve dinner. This dinner consists of spaghetti noodles and my grandma's famous homemade spaghetti sauce. We also have salad and garlic bread. This year we had a special treat for dessert...CHEESECAKE!!! I love cheesecake, if you couldn't tell. It was way yummy, too. So smooth.
One reason why we hold Christmas Eve at my aunt's house is because every year Santa Claus comes to visit. We have no idea who the guy is that dresses up as him, but he goes around the neighborhood every year and just walks into people's houses. He hands out candy canes to the kids and, of course, we have to get a picture of all the kids with him. He has no set time he comes around, he just shows up whenever.
I spent the evening watching movies on my aunt's big screen TV downstairs. We watched Miracle on 34th Street and While You Were Sleeping (it's not a Christmas movie, but we all love it in my family).
Every year we also do a pinata for the kids. To make sure everyone gets the same amount of candy we divide it up into ziploc bags and then stuff them in the pinata. It's always fun to watch my cousins beat the pinata. This year it was a snowman. My little niece took a whack at it this year. She was really cute. Also, my 2nd cousin (who is 5 months old) got to try with her daddy...she is just a darling little thing. Of course, my older cousins really beat the snowman up (they've got quite a swing). It eventually broke and the kids dashed for their candy.
For some reason we didn't leave that night until about midnight. I was half asleep on the couch wondering why we hadn't left yet (we usually leave when the kids go to sleep).
This post got so long...it looks like I will have to write about Christmas day in another post.
I spent the evening watching movies on my aunt's big screen TV downstairs. We watched Miracle on 34th Street and While You Were Sleeping (it's not a Christmas movie, but we all love it in my family).
Every year we also do a pinata for the kids. To make sure everyone gets the same amount of candy we divide it up into ziploc bags and then stuff them in the pinata. It's always fun to watch my cousins beat the pinata. This year it was a snowman. My little niece took a whack at it this year. She was really cute. Also, my 2nd cousin (who is 5 months old) got to try with her daddy...she is just a darling little thing. Of course, my older cousins really beat the snowman up (they've got quite a swing). It eventually broke and the kids dashed for their candy.
For some reason we didn't leave that night until about midnight. I was half asleep on the couch wondering why we hadn't left yet (we usually leave when the kids go to sleep).
This post got so long...it looks like I will have to write about Christmas day in another post.




0 comments:
Post a Comment