So, last week I found out that I had to go in for a biopsy. I pretty much found a bump in a not so good area. I had it checked out and the doctor wanted to be safe and do a biopsy to make sure it's nothing to worry about...
...well, guess what...I'm worrying...
...but not too much...
...in fact, I feel uncharacteristically "calm" about it...
...I'm still concerned, but I've decided not to worry about it until I get the results.
I went in on Monday morning to have the biopsy done. Now my natural reaction to such an event is to stress and build up anxiety about it, so, naturally, I did. I did, however, mangage to calm myself down slightly...practiced deep breathing and listened to music while they were doing the biopsy.
It didn't hurt, minus the shots they gave to numb me up, but after that I didn't feel much. I did, however, get very, very, very woozy...almost to the point where I was going to pass out. I don't know why, but I lose any blood it sends my body into shut-down mode...not fun. The nurses that were there were very nice. One got a cloth wet and put in on my forehead, the other one got me a sucker (I know some of you are laughing about that). The sucker really helped (blood sugar and all).
So they finished the biopsy stitched me up (only 3 or4 stitches), and left so I could get dressed. I was still very woozy at the time and almost passed out while getting dressed...no fun. I sat down a minute until the ringing in my ears and the dizzy sensation in my head passed. Then I got up to leave.
They told me it would be about a week before I get the results back. It looks like it's going to be a long week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
good luck :) Stay happy
Post a Comment