10 random things

Monday, September 14, 2009

So...I haven't posted in a while. I guess I haven't had much of anything happen that was "post-worthy" to write about. I still don't...I guess, but I have a 3 hour wait till my next class. I've been at school since 10 and haven't had a class yet (one was cancelled)...so I am bored out of my mind right now.

Here are 10 random things about me (let's see if I can come up with 10):

1. I was born on Labor Day.

2. I can imitate various voices of fictional characters. Some of the characters (and movie they are from) are: Stitch (Lilo & Stitch); Gollum (The Lord of the Ring); E.T. (E.T. the Extra Terrestrial); Kronk's shoulder devil and angel (The Emporer's New Groove); Theodore--voice and some singing (Alvin and the Chipmunks). Notice, not a single one is a female character...I should fix that.

3. I am addicted to music. I live by music. I listen to all kinds of music, ranging from the classical/new age stuff like Enya and Sarah Brightman, to symphonic/gothic rock stuff like Within Temptation and Evanescence.

4. I love to sing, but only in my car where no one else can hear me. I don't really sing much anywhere else, except at church. Even though I've been told I have a great singing voice I still don't like to sing in front of people. So if you want to hear me sing, you'll have to hideout in my car.

5. I love to run and play volleyball. Although running is one of my passions, I've never done track or cross country. It's simple: I run for me and hate to compete. I also love to play volleyball. I'm not that good (somewhat average, I guess), but it is fun. I just started playing it again after about 5 years.

6. I'm a total photo nut. Back in high school I had my digital camera permanently attached to my hand and took pictures so much that I drove everyone nuts. Oh well.

7. Although I hate talking on the phone, I would randomly call a friend just to say hi...and that would be about all I would say. "Hi." I have gotten better at that...I think.

8. Along with photography I also love to scrapbook. Surprisingly, I don't have a single scrapbook finished for myself (none, zero, zilch). Nope, I tend to work on other peoples' scrapbooks for some reason...it's more fun and challenging I guess. I know what I like...let's guess what other people like.

Hmmm....2 more...I can't think of anything...I should change the title to 8 random things.

9. All the clothes in my closet are color-coded. And it goes beyond that: certain clothes go on different hangers; everything is arranged by length (pants by length, longest to shortest; shirts by sleeve length, tanks tops to long sleeve). I'm pretty anal about it...I guess I have a little OCD there.

10. One of my main nicknames is Grace, and that is not because I am graceful. In fact, I don't have a graceful bone in my body. I am a major clutz. I'm always tripping on stuff or dropping things. I got the name from a teacher back in the 9th grade. I was late getting to class, so I ran into the classroom. I, however, forgot about the little obstacle between the classroom door and my desk: the cord to the overhead projector. You guessed it...I ran in and tripped right over that cord...in front of the whole class (who was on time, of course). Next thing I hear is: "Might want to watch that next time, Grace." Most of my friends were in that class, and so they picked up that nickname for me. I've been called Grace ever since.

Well, there are some 10 random things about me...and I still have 3 hours to kill.

0 comments: