graduation party

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Because there were several of us graduating within a month of each other, my aunt Wendy and uncle Ingolf decided to throw one party for us all. My cousin Skylar graduated from BYU at the end of April, and his younger brother Dayton graduated from high school at the end of May. And as you all know, I graduated at the end of May as well.

We had the dinner at the aforementioned aunt and uncle's house. The dinner consisted of some really great food! I mean really great food. We always joke that they should start their own catering business because their food is so good. Just thinking about it now...yummy!The dinner consisted of tri-tip, rolls, various salads (funeral potatoes, a berry yummy strawberry and poppyseed dressing salad) and some really disproportioned rolls (some were small, and other were bigger than my hand). And to drink was fresh made strawberry-lemonade (they squeezed lemons and mixed it with real strawberry puree...so delicious). As you can probably tell, I never say no to a dinner invite to my aunt and uncle's house. You will never starve there.

After dinner we had some "after dinner mints." They were great! My aunt had taken a thin mint, a Reese's peanut butter cup, and an M&M (each the color of our school colors) and put it together to make a graduation cap. Very ingenious, and very yummy as well!


Then we all played a game of croquet to give us time to digest that fabulous dinner. I, unfortunately, lost both games...and I always got out at the same hoop. Sabrina won the first game (out of luck), and Courtney won the second game. My uncle Ingolf was the most aggressive player and probably got the most people out, but in his celebrating kept getting himself out when he was poison by going through a hoop.



After games we settled down for cake. One was this kind of eclair-type cake (it tastes just like a giant eclair and is the one presented in the picture below). The other cake has apples in it and you pour this very sugary syrup over it...also very tasty.



I, of course, thanked them very profusely for the delicious dinner and dessert, as well as the good times. They gave me a card that made me laugh so hard. In it they said they hoped I enjoyed being in their "testosterone filled home" as much as they enjoyed having me over (their family is all boys minus my aunt). I told them after spending over a week with them in Hawaii I was pretty used to all the testosterone. :)

0 comments: