So, I just recently graduated from college. I graduated with a Bachelor's in Communication from Westminster College. My GPA was 3.979, and I graduated with the following honors: Summa Cum Laude, and Alpha Chi.
Graduation day was May 29, 2010. The day started with a brunch at the college campus. It was freezing!!! But the food was good. Scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, muffins, fresh fruit (I just love breakfast foods). As mentioned, it was windy, somewhat cloudy, but very cold (the brunch was outside, in case you were wondering). There would be moments when the wind would stop and the sun would come out, then it was somewhat warm, but those moments were few and far in between.
I had invited my mom and my grandparents to come to the brunch. They talked about what a beautiful campus Westminster had (I agree). I walked around, got some pictures with other Communication students and faculty. While walking around I got to thinking: "This is going to be my last day walking this campus as a student...I'm really going to miss it."

Feli Ann, Lindsay, Stefan, and Me (all Comm-ies)
I really am going to miss school. Don't get me wrong...I'm glad it's done, but at the same time I wish I was saving up to buy textbooks for fall semester (even though I won't miss spending money on the over-priced textbooks that you read twice...curse those classes). I will miss the people I've come to know in the Comm. major (you really don't get to know anyone else); they are great people, and most I will probably never see again. It's going to be strange not having looming deadlines and due dates for homework assignments or massive projects. It's going to be strange not being a student. I don't think I know how to not be a student. I've been a student for most of my life. I've been a student for at least 17 years (including Kindergarten). It's strange to see myself as something different.
Me, Kim Zarkin (Comm. advisor), and Ashley (I love that gal!)
Well...that was a nice tangent...back to graduation day.
After getting some pictures with fellow classmates I was convinced by my family to put on my gown and get some pictures of me in front of Converse and other Westminster "landmarks." For some reason, I hate being in pictures. I'm so used to being the person behind that camera that I'm somewhat reluctant to be in front of it.
Me on the steps of Converse Hall
Me and mom in front of Converse
Celebrate!!!
One of the pictures was taken of me sitting on a stone sign with the name Westminster College carved into it. Well, to get myself on top of that stone I had to jump a couple feet. In the process of jumping one of my heels caught the gown. I didn't think much of it then. After pictures were taken I got down, and lo and behold I had a hole in my gown. I had always known heels were evil, but this was ridiculous! Luckily it wasn't too bad, but it was still somewhat noticeable. After having a canary about my gown tearing we made our way to the E-Center for the graduation ceremony.
Once there I parted ways with my family and went back stage to get ready for the Commencement. I put my gown on and hoped no one would notice the hole I had placed in the back. I checked in and had to ask for help with putting the cords on. I then searched out my fellow Comm. classmates. We joked about our lovely apparel with one of my classmates (Julie, I think) said her mother said we wore these things to "humble us." Nice. If you think about it, the graduation apparel is somewhat absurd...who came up with it?
We got some pictures...and shockingly I did not have a camera on me, but I was able to swipe some from friends off facebook (thanks Sarah and Lindsay).
Lindsay, Ashley, Sarah (up front), Kaeleen, and Me before the Commencement Ceremony.
Lindsay and Ashley...some cool chicks!
This post is getting kind of long. The Commencement and afterwards will be described in another post.
0 comments:
Post a Comment