and the new calling is...

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Primary teacher for the Sunbeams!

That's right. I am now a primary teacher...now I've covered every age group from Primary to Relief Society. Yep.

When I was told I was going to meet with the Bishopric today, I just knew I was going to get called to Primary (I tend to do that sometimes...just "know" where I'm going). I will admit, I was kind of skeptical about going to Primary...it would not be my first choice if we had the pleasure of choosing our own callings, but I am somewhat excited about it now.

I will be teaching 3- and 4-year-olds, all girls and one boy (thank goodness...I don't do well with boys). It will be an interesting experience for me, I think. Definitely different...I've never had a calling where I interacted with kids before; teenagers, yes, but never anyone under 11.

We'll see how I do. I don't have much experience with Primary, even personal experience of my own when I was a child (I wasn't a regular church-goer at the primary age). Wish me luck! I just got to keep in my mind that the Lord knows what He is doing.

0 comments: