The first stop was Aunt D's house. They couldn't wait and had already gone out to see their presents before we got there. Then we went to Aunt T's house. They were anxiously waiting when we arrived. And then it was off to my niece's house. Can I say...Santa got a little carried away with my niece...ok, too carried away. At first, Karynne didn't know what to do with all the toys she got...she wouldn't even go up and look at them at first (I think she was still a little sleepy).
She finally got into it when she saw her pink piano (well...after aunt Brittany was kind enough to get it out for her). She started cranking out some tunes on that. Then we got out her absolute favorite gift: Baby-All-Gone. It's a baby that they cleverly set up to make it look like she is eating food. My sister once got something like it when she was really young. It's pretty much the same thing today, only the baby talks, saying things like: "I'm hungry," or "yummy!"
We left my sister's place and went back up to our house to get ready for breakfast. Then all my family came over (aunts, uncles, cousins) and we sat down to breakfast casseroles and cinnamon buns/orange rolls. Yummy!!! I ate way too much for that breakfast.
After breakfast we then had the kids open all their presents. These presents are from the parents and usually consist of clothes, socks, shoes, and underwear. Karynne was into it at first, but about halfway through she was tired of opening presents.
After presents we cleaned up, and then everyone left to get ready for Christmas dinner. We had Christmas dinner at my great grandmother's house. Oh joy! More food and eating. I was still full from breakfast. It is always good to see family and to laugh and eat with each other. I went home that night very full and ready for bed.
| Karynne and her daddy before going out to see her presents...she did not like my flash apparently |
| Checking out the toys |
| Playing with the pink piano |
| Feeding her Baby-All-Gone |
| Opening presents |
| This picture just makes me laugh. I took this about 2 seconds before she threw those socks at me :) |




0 comments:
Post a Comment