flu and hallween woes

Thursday, October 29, 2009

So, I went to the doctor last night (I haven't been feeling too good all week). It turns out that I have the flu. Now I don't know whether it is H1N1 or the regular flu, they didn't test me for it. Where it's not a concern, and I'm not in the priority group (baby, elderly, pregnant, other health problems) to be treated, my doctor said there really was no point in getting tested. For one, they are saving the treatment for those who do need it, and two, I would have had to start it the first day I felt symptoms. I'm on day four as of today. Plus there are some no-fun side effects to anti-virals.

Now for the woes. My first one is for my niece...who is also really sick. She has been running a fever for the past couple of days. I'm afraid I'm the one who got her sick, because I was around her Sunday night (and I woke up sick on Monday). I honestly didn't know that I was sick on Sunday...I felt completely fine until late that night (I'm talking 1 a.m.) when I couldn't sleep because I had the chills). Then the next morning I felt horrible. As for my niece, she has been running a fever and coughing. I feel so bad...what if I did get her sick? I hope she will do alright...but it's really risky for her to get sick. Her lungs were underdeveloped when she was born (she was a premie) and that still affects her now, especially if she gets sick.

The second one is that I've missed a full week of school. I'm trying to stay caught up, but it's hard when I can't do much of anything.

The third one is for halloween...since I'm sick I won't be able to dress up this year. I really love Halloween (well, the Halloween before everything became so dark and evil). I like the fun Halloween: haunted houses, passing out candy, trunk-or-treats, costume parties, dressing up. Dressing up is probably my favorite. I love to dress up and do makeup for Halloween. Also, I like ot make my own costumes (no, I'm not a pro at sewing). By make I mean take scraps/pieces of costumes and combine them in a way that it's a costume. I did hand-sew a skirt two years ago, and added to it last year, but the sewing was not that great. But hey, it worked, it stayed on, it looked cool, and that's what matters. I like to be original when it comes to Halloween. This year I was going to be a witch. Totally traditional costume idea, but I made it original.

Well, I'm going to go sleep now and try to get over this dang flu.

0 comments: