So the day of pumpkin carving arrives. My grandparents left about an hour before me to run some errands, and then I left. On the way saw a very beautiful sunset...and thankfully I had my camera or else I would have been cursing myself till the end of the century. After taking several pictures I pulled into my aunt's driveway. My cousin Dayton was outside my grandparents' car bent over laughing. I couldn't figure out what was so funny. Well, his mom and dad were on their way to our house to carve pumpkins, and here we were at their house. Yeah...you are probably smiling now. So we called back and forth trying to decide who should drive back. Eventually my aunt and uncle turned around, though they weren't too happy about it.
Thankfully, my grandma's little blunder was brushed aside as the night turned into a fun festivity. We had navajo tacos for dinner and then began pumpkin carving. It was just me and my cousin Keaton that carved pumpkins, Dayton was going to wait until the next day to do his.
This year I decided to go simple with my carving. I usually pick at least a medium difficulty for carving, but it takes so dang long to do it. So I did a simple Sam-R-I face on my pumpkin. I actually kind of liked it.
| Me taking out the pumpkin guts. |
| The wonderfully carved Sam-R-I pumpkin face. |
| Me posing with my pumpkin. The star over my eye was my "practice" attempt for my Halloween costume. |
At least this year I didn't get sick after the pumpkin carving. Very happy about that :)




0 comments:
Post a Comment