The day started off with a yummy breakfast...oatmeal! I love oatmeal, in you didn't know. After breakfast her other visitors left, and then Sommer and I went for a walk in a nearby park. There was a boardwalk built over a pond/swamp area. It was really pretty, and the weather was once again just beautiful and sunny (again, I was reminded of how rare that is). After the walk (which was supposed to be the main exercise of the day) we went home, showered, and then got ready for our next adventure...
WATERFALLS!!!
Sommer's plan was to go take me to see the many waterfalls that are offered in the Portland area, particularly the famous Multnomah Falls. I was SO excited...I LOVE waterfalls...and I was excited to get some really good pictures, too. Hey, I'm always thinking with a photographic mind.
On our way to the waterfalls, Sommer decided to stop at the Portland Temple because it would probably be my only chance to see it. I'm glad she did. The temple was beautiful and I kept taking pictures like crazy. We spent about 30 min. to an hour there (I don't know how long, actually). The architecture behind temples amazes me. After the temple we made our way to the waterfalls. The drive was about an hour long, but it was a beautiful drive. We followed a major river in Portland (can't remember the name, sadly) and it was an amazing site.
Multnomah Falls was our next stop, and it was a huge waterfall. There were two parts to it. I couldn't get across the street without snapping a few pics at first. Once we got across the street, I continued my sporadic-picture-taking-spree. What can I say, I'm addicted to photography...and I don't get many chances to take pictures of waterfalls back at my home. We then began our hike up closer to the falls. In one of the pictures you will see a bridge that is about halfway up the waterfall...we hiked just a little above that point.
Multnomah was definitely may favorite waterfall, followed by Bridal Veil Falls, which was the next waterfall we went to go see (because we had extra time to do so). So we drove back down to Bridal Veil Falls and had to hike in to see that one. Now, for me, that one was a hike. Usually I wouldn't get winded during a relatively easy hike, which this one should have been...but I will admit that I am out of shape and in need of some major exercise (cursing knee injury right now). The hike was pretty, and the site of the falls was also worth the hike. I got some more pics and then we hiked back to the car. The hike back was worse than the hike to the falls...go figure.
We drove home and I had a long serious talk with Sommer. Once home, Sommer immediately decided on having another chick night, complete with chick food and a chick flick. Dinner consisted of a salad tossed with diced pears, feta cheese, sugar-coated walnuts, and a Balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Can you say yummy. We also had tortilla soup to go along with it...also yummy. The chick flick for that night was Letters to Juliet, which was probably my favorite chick flick out of all of them. After the movie we watched Dancing with the Stars, which I thoroughly enjoyed critiquing because of my interest in ballroom dancing (I miss those days). After that, it was off to bed.




0 comments:
Post a Comment