oregon trip--part 2

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2--Sunday (Sept. 26)

It was a rainy day. Sunday morning was hectic. About halfway through the chick-flick the night before, Sommer had some other guests stop by to stay the night. It was an old friend of hers who she hadn't seen in years and was passing through Portland. Sommer checked with me to see if it was ok her friend stayed over. I didn't have a problem with it.

Now back to the hectic part...Here's the equation: 1 guest bathroom + 3 guests, throw in the variable of church at 8 a.m. = hectic Sunday morning rush while trying to get ready. It was very interesting.

We went to church where Sommer was very happy to introduce me to everyone. After church Sommer prepared a large lunch. We had spaghetti and salad (starting to notice a trend for Italian food on this trip).

After lunch her husband suggested we drive to the Portland coast. The weather was rainy at their house, but supposedly was not as bad at the coast. So we made a 2-hour venture to the coast. And guess what...the rain was much worse there. We all got out of the cars and walked along the beach for a while. Sommer's kids were having a blast running around on the very rainy beach. It was actually kind of pretty, in it's own way. The waves coming in were huge. You could definitely tell it was stormy.


I don't know how long we walked on the beach, but after about 10 minutes we were all soaked and getting somewhat cold...but we kept walking closer to one of the natural features of the area: Haystack Rock. I got some pictures of Haystack Rock, surprised that my camera was still able to take pictures with how soaked it got. Then we had reached our limit and decided to walk back. We stopped at a restaurant nearby and got the kids some food to eat and then we left.

Now let me tell you, a 2-hour drive in wet jeans is not a pleasant feeling. I fell asleep at some point during the drive home (I was tired). When we got back to Sommer's, we all changed into some drier and more comfortable clothes. Then we heated up leftovers for dinner (me and Sommer had our leftovers from the Cheesecake Factory and the rest had the leftover spaghetti).

Then we decided to grab some blankets and settle down for a movie. Sommer was craving another chick-flick, and the guys were craving something with action. I suggested the movie Sahara because it had some good humor and action in it. Sadly, I didn't make it all the way through the movie (I fell asleep the last half hour of it). Sommer woke me up so I didn't end up crashing on the couch.

0 comments: