I've been to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple a few times in the past month. The first time I was there I had volunteered to be an usher (or a "silent sentinel" as the other temple workers called it). It was fun to be an usher and to see people's faces as they were leaving the temple. I was posted right outside the bride's room, which was at the end of the tour. My job was to direct people to the door that led outside to the reception tent. It was tough, I will have to admit, to stand there for 5 hours straight, and by the end my legs and back were killing me. But it was totally worth it and I wish that I would have had another chance to do that again.
I also went through the temple open house the last few days it was available. I had missed out on going to the Draper Temple open house, so I wasn't going to miss this one. The last time I had gone to a temple open house was for the Bountiful Temple. I was really young then and all I can remember about it is getting to wear the plastic booties on my feet (I thought they were silly).
So I made the reservation and went to tour the temple. Although it is one of the smaller temples, it doesn't subtract at all from the beauty. Everything about the temple, inside and out, seemed perfect. I loved the chandeliers, especially the one in the center of the temple, the one in the celestial room, and the one in the sealing room. I would have to say that my favorite part of the tour was going through the celestial room. It was so white and peaceful in there. Just amazing! I also loved the sealing room and the mirrors that reflect eternity. It was a very good experience for me, and I'm glad that I didn't miss out on it.
This is a picture of me standing in front of the temple. I'm the very small figure with the brown skirt (not to be confused with the very cute girl in pink)
Me sitting at the fountain in front of the temple
My favorite picture that I took before I left the temple




0 comments:
Post a Comment