I mainly stopped running because of time and for health reasons (I had a health problem about a year ago). Well, I've finally run out of excuses not to go out running, because I just bought a new pair of running shoes so I could start running again. My old ones had way too many miles on them. So I got up early one morning and went for a walk/run...actually it was more of a walk/jog.
I could not believe how out of shape I was! I usually start out my work out with stretching for 10-15 minutes and then I get right on to walking. During the walk I'll gradually increase my pace, and then after 5-10 minutes I'll start to run (or jog in this case). Now, a year ago (before my little health fiasco) I could run for an hour straight. My first time out last week I could only go for about 7 minutes (10 if I was lucky), then I would have to walk again. My muscles aren't in the right condition for the endurance running that I'm so fond of, nor are my lungs. It's going to take a while to get to the point where I can run for an hour (heck, even 30 minutes will take a while). But hey, I've got to start somewhere. I'll just be happy when I can run without the sideaches.
My new running shoes. They have really good support in them and are really breatheable. And I love the colors!




0 comments:
Post a Comment