
Now, speaking of meteors, I saw two meteors on my drive home from school tonight. One was while I was driving down Bangerter Highway, and the other while driving up the canyon. The first meteor came straight down (so vertically) and it was very bright. It lasted only a matter of seconds, but it looked awesome. The second one went more horizontal and it took me a minute to realize it was a meteor. It wasn't as bright as the first one I saw, but I still found it to be a pleasure to the eye.
Now, I would say it is rare to see two meteors within about 15 minutes of each other unless there is a meteor shower or something. I haven't heard of any meteor showers going on lately, and I usually follow those kinds of things. I also saw a meteor a couple night ago while driving home from work. Three meteors in four days...that's pretty cool.
Now, for those of you who don't know, there is a difference between a meteor and a meteorite. It's pretty simple. A meteor is some sort of debris that enters the Earth's atmosphere and burns up before it hits the Earth. A meteorite is debris that enters the Earth's atmosphere, will all burn, but there will still be remaining debris that impacts the Earth's surface. Some are small, and others, in the past, have been pretty big.
Well, that's all I have tonight. Time for dinner.




0 comments:
Post a Comment