Yes, my title is in Spanish...oh well. Anywho, last night we celebrated my mom's 45th birthday, with the exception of my mother (who refused to celebrate birthdays after she turned 40). It was fun. My sister made chicken and broccoli...and I tried to help...I mostly just got the ingredients out and measured. The chicken and broccoli was so yummy!!! I love that stuff.
After dinner we watched a Glenn Beck special on Communism...it was pretty intense. You will have to look it up and watch it. Makes you think twice about big government...which is a dangerous thing, in my opinion. Well, enough there...back to birthday.
After the program we lit the candles on the cake. Sadly, our mother wouldn't let up put 45 candles on the cake...something about the house burning down or something. So we had to settle with putting just 19 candles on the cake...sad, sad. The cake was very good...chocolate fudge cake...again, yummy!
Now the funny part of the night. My niece had been acting up the whole time my mom was over...she was tired and when she gets tired she can get...annoying I guess. She will start misbehaving and such. Well, my grandpa had her over at the table in her seat and was feeding her cake. What was so funny was the fact that she was starting to nod off. My grandpa would put a piece of cake in her mouth and she would somewhat chew it and then she would lay back somewhat falling asleep. This went on for a few minutes. My mom and I were laughing so hard...and yet we were trying to stay quiet so we wouldn't wake her. It was just too cute!
They took my niece to bed very soon after (poor girl), then my mom opened her cards and presents. It was late by then so afterwards she went home and I collapsed into bed (darn antibiotics, still...see previous post on antibiotics).
It was a fun day...and it is always good to see my mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment