personal progress

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

As of Sunday, I have decided to work on and complete my Personal Progress again. In the LDS Church there is a program in the Young Women's (for girls ages 12-18) that focuses on, well, personal progress. What the young women do is complete value experiences for each value as well as a value project. There are now eight values (there were only seven back when I was in Young Women's). They are: Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice & Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue (the new one). The value experiences often involve scripture reading, journal writing, doing service, improving oneself spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and intellectually.

Besides the addition of a new value, the other values haven't changed that much (referring to the value experiences). So why am I doing this again if I already completed it over four years ago? One reason is it will give me a foundation upon which I can set personal goals to improve myself (which I do need). Also, I have had struggles with testimony and faith, and I think that doing Personal Progress again will help.

I'm looking forward to it and hope for some great experiences. I may even post some stuff on here.

2 comments:

Becky Green said...

That is a really great idea! I just may have to consider doing that. I could use the spiritual boost.

Rojar said...

I think we all could.